Personalized One-On-One Photography Workshops and Instruction
Learn digital photography from a professional photographer and learn how to take better pictures and become a better photographer.
I am available for private, personalized instruction on a variety of photography topics. A private digital photography workshop is an ideal way to advance your photography skills in exactly the way you wish - tailored to your particular skills and objectives, not those of a class or instructor.
Digital photography instruction is available and ideal for beginning photographers through advanced amateur photographers.
Unlike group digital photography classes, my digital photography workshop sessions are custom-focused on you and helping you learn exactly what you want to learn. I believe this hands-on approach is the best, most cost-effective way to advance your photography skills in the way in which you want to progress. I am a self-taught professional photographer. I'm uniquely aware of the challenges involved in learning photography and how to develop the skills to become a better photographer.
Most workshop sessions include a pre-session phone call to access your skills, equipment, objectives and what you want to learn. We'll then meet at my studio for an intensive 1-3 hour session that includes one-to-one instruction, field exercises and custom photography sessions to apply what you have learned in a real-life situation. We can also schedule a field workshop with personalized instruction at a local park, the Hocking Hills area or beyond.
Select from these common topics to customize your photography workshop:
- What camera and equipment should I buy?
- How do I take better landscape and nature photographs?
- How do I take better travel photographs?
- How do I take better people or portrait photographs?
- Learn how to use and operate your camera (Point & Shoot or DSLR)
- Beginner photography classes - how do I take good pictures?
- Basics of exposure and the exposure triangle.
- How to use on-camera flash, off-camera flash and studio strobes.
- Developing your "eye" - composition and style.
- Creative composition and understanding light.
- What do I do with my digital photographs after I take them?
- Workflow, post-processing and computer instruction.
- Lightroom, Photoshop and photoshop plug-ins instruction.
- How do I print my photographs?
- Fine art printing using Photoshop, Lightroom, color profiles and fine art papers.
Fee: $95/hr.* (Much cheaper than new camera equipment and a much better investment!)
*Fees are payable by cash, check or credit card. Fee will be refunded if you are not satisfied with your instruction session.